Zenit Kazan Wrap up Club Worlds with Perfect Record
Krakow, Poland, December 17, 2017 – As of Sunday night Zenit Kazan are the proud holders of the most coveted title in club volleyball, after completing a clean sweep of the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship without dropping a single set on the way.
The reigning European and Russian champions wrapped it all up at Krakow’s Tauron Arena with a very convincing performance 3-0 (27-25, 25-22, 25-22) in the final against Italian champions Cucine Lube Civitanova – though Lube themselves, who were powered by tournament MVP Osmany Juantorena, can console themselves in the fact that they’re the first Italian team in five years to make the final of a World Championship.
Previously on the closing day, three-time world champions Sada Cruzeiro had to settle for bronze this time, as they swept a seemingly uninspired PGE Skra Belchatow 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-13) – though the Brazilian side seemed happy enough with the final outcome.
- Sarmaye Bank Go Down to Lube Crash out of Men”s Club World
- Three-time Olympian Ignaczak Heads Social Media Push for Club Worlds
- Tickets for 2017 club worlds in Poland available online
- Florence to Host Men’s World Championship draw on Thursday
- AVC General Assembly In Bangkok Concludes With Fruitful Outcomes