Tehran Saipa Claim Iran League Title for the first time
Tehran, Iran, January 26, 2021 – Tehran Saipa crowned Iran Super League a week before the curtain of the 2020-21 Iran League Volleyball Tournament came down on Tuesday at the hall of volleyball federation.
In the match against Qazvin Shahrdari, Saipa stun their rival in straight set 25-7, 25-12, 25-17 to be the league titlist a week earlier.
Tehran Saipa were invincible as they went through the entire season unbeaten, claiming the Iran League title for the first time.
Their next match against Paykan would make no difference in their ranking.
Number 8 Mahsa Saberi tallied a game-high 16 points for Tehran Saipa and Aylar Saeidi recorded six points for Qazvin Shahrdari.
The loss brought Qazvin Shahrdari to the fourth place while the other two teams of Paykan and Zob Ahan will battle it out for the second place on Thursday, January 28.
In the last 19 editions of the Iran’s super league, Zob Ahan with 3 gold medals is the most credential team of the league.
Zob Ahan beat Tehran Paykan 3-1 (25-18, 23-25, 25-17, 30-28) to be hopeful to claim vice-championships on Thursday when they have to line up against Qazvin Shahrdari.
- Secure Bubble Concept Approved For VNL 2021
- Week 24 – Sirjan Foulad Improve his place after a tough five-thriller victory over Rahyab Melal
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Set To Return To Doha
- Week 23 – Sepahan Fould Breaks the Winning Chain of Yazd Shahdab
- Dates Set For FIVB Athletes’ Commission Elections