Sepahan move top of Iran volleyball league
TEHRAN – Sepahan beat Paykan to move top of 2020/21 Iran Volleyball Super League on Thursday.
In the match held in Iran Volleyball Federation’s Hall, Sepahan powered past Paykan in straight sets (25-17, 26-24, 25-21).
Sepahan went top of the table with 26 points for the first time this season.
Paykan, the most decorated Iranian team, sit 12th in the 14-team table with just two wins and seven defeats.
Foolad Sirjan are second with 25 points with one game in hands at the end of Matchweek10.
Iran Volleyball Super League resumed on Sunday in Tehran as a centralized venue after the league was postponed on October 10 in order to limit the coronavirus spread. The first half of the season will finish on December 22.
The second half of the season phase has been scheduled to be held in five weeks but the exact time of the matches will be announced after a meeting with the clubs’ representatives.
At the end of the preliminary round, eight teams will qualify for the final round. In this stage, the top team will take on the eighth place, the second place play seventh position, the third place meet sixth position and the fourth place take on the fifth place.
The 31st edition of Iran Volleyball League has brought a total of 14 teams together.
* Shahrdari Gonbad 0 – 3 Labaniyat Haraz (21-25, 16-25, 18-25)
* Foolad Mobarakeh Sepahan 3 – 0 Paykan Tehran (25-17, 26-24, 25-21)
* Shahrdari Urmia 3 – 1 Rahyab Melal Kordestan (23-25, 25-20, 25-20, 25-21)
* Saipa Tehran 1 – 3 Shahdab Yazd (25-23, 23-25, 22-25, 24-26)
* Khatam Ardakan 1 -3 Shahrdari Varamin (20-25, 25-20, 23-25, 22-25)
* Hoorsun Ramsar 3 – 1 Shahrdari Qazvin (25-16, 17-25, 25-22, 25-20)