Iran’s New Head Coach Alekno Arrives in Tehran
Tehran, Iran, April 19, 2021 – Russian Vladimir Alekno, the new head coach of Iran men’s national volleyball team, arrived in Iran on Sunday, April 18 and right after having negative RT-PCR test, he joined the Iranian national training camp in the afternoon session.
After a brief talk with the national team players, Alekno joined their training. He is also expected to have an online meeting session with Saeid Marouf, Milad Ebadipour, and Seyed Mohammad Mousavi, all of them were missing on Sunday.
Mousavi is now in Piacenza, Italy and Ebadipour is in Poland, playing for Belchatow Club, while Marouof, who played for the newly-crowned Chinese League champions Beijing, came back from China, but was not present at the camp. Alekno is also going to determine the time and conditions of the presence of legionnaires in the national team.
“Since the PCR test result of Alekno’s translator is positive, we will hire another translator for him this week to pace his way in communicating with players,” Amir Khoshkhabar, the team manager of Iran, said.
- Second-Week Encounters of Iranian Beach Volleyball Super League Completed
- FIVB Announces Cancellation Of Volleyball Challenger Cup 2021
- Volleyball World Announces Hosts of the 2021 and 2022 FIVB Volleyball Club World Championships
- Training of the National Volleyball Team with the Introduction of Totolo
- Iran’s Beach Volleyball Super League: Watch Live