Iran league to resume on Sunday
TEHRAN – Iran Volleyball Super League will resume on Sunday after the league was postponed on Oct. 10 in order to limit the coronavirus spread.
At a seminar held on October 27 in Iran’s Olympic Academy in Tehran, headed by the Islamic Republic of Iran Volleyball Federation (IRIVF) President Mohammadreza Davarzani, the clubs’ representatives and league’s organizers reached a joint decision to continue the league in Tehran as a centralized venue.
The competition will resume on No. 8 and the first half of the season will finish on Dec. 22.
The second half of the season phase was scheduled to be held in five weeks but the exact time of the matches will be announced after a meeting with the clubs’ representatives.
At the end of the preliminary round, eight teams will qualify for the final round. In this stage, the first team will take on the eighth-placed side, the second team play seventh-placed, the third-placed meet sixth-placed and the fourth-placed team take on the side lying fifth
A total of 14 teams are participating in the 31st edition of Iran volleyball league and Foolad Sirjan sit top of the standing after Matchweek 7.
Matchweek 8, Nov. 8
*Labaniyat Haraz Amol – Rahyab Melel Kordestan
* Foolad Sirjan – Shahdab Yazd
* Shahrdari Gonbad – Khatam Ardakan
* Foolad Mobarakeh Sepahan – Azar Battery Urmia
* Shahrdari Urmia – Hoorsun Ramsar
* Saipa Tehran – Shahrdari Qazvin
Matchweek 9, Nov. 10
* Paykan Tehran – Foolad Sirjan
* Rahyab Melal Kordestan – Shahrdari Gonbad
*Shahdab Yazd – Foolad Mobarakeh Sepahan
* Khatam Ardakan – Shahrdari Urmia
* Azar Battery Urmia – Saipa Tehran
* Hoorsun Ramsar – Shahrdari Varamin
Matchweek 10, Nov. 12
* Shahrdari Gonbad – Labaniyat Haraz
* Foolad Mobarakeh Sepahan – Paykan Tehran
* Shahrdari Urmia – Rahyab Melal Kordestan
* Saipa Tehran – Shahdab Yazd
* Khatam Ardakan – Shahrdari Varamin
* Hoorsun Ramsar – Shahrdari Qazvin