FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran earn the semifinal win over Korea
Riffa, Bahrain, August 26, 2017 – Porya Yali recorded 21 solid attacks to help Iran advance to the final of the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boys’ U19 World Championship, following their 3-0 (25-23, 25-20, 25-18) win over Korea in the second semifinal match at the Isa City Sports Hall on Saturday.
Apart from Yali’s great scoring performance, Amir Hossein Toukhteh and Amir Mohammad Falahat Khah made an exceptional performance in defence, as the two players combined for eight of Iran’s 11 blocks. Im Donghyeok and Lim Sungjin scored 13 points apiece for Korea.
Iran edged Korea with a slim two-point margin from an attack and block in the first set. Iran took another victory in the second set with an increased intensity on their serve and block. Korea led in the third set but the resilient Iranian block forced them to commit turnovers. Iran snatched the lead and completed their straight-set win over their Asian rivals.
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran Outclass China for 7th Place
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran Earn Semifinal Set by the victory over Brazil
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran brought Russia the 1st loss
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran outperformed Czech Republic 3-0
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Continues Winning Streak by Victory over China