FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran Earn Semifinal Set by the victory over Brazil
Riffa, Bahrain, August 25, 2017 – Iran claimed a 3-0 victory against Brazil (25-21, 25-20, 25-15) in the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boys’ U19 World Championship. Friday’s victory at Isa City Sports Hall earns them a semi-finals seat in the competition.
Porya Yali was the top scorer for Iran with 18 points, while Amirhossein Esfandiar added 14 more points. Victor Cardoso and Welinton Oppenkoski were Brazil’s top performers scoring 13 points each.
The Asian side dominated their opponents on attacks, with Yali and Esfandiar comprising a powerful frontline. Brazil could match up with this kind of power, but they needed to work hard on defence. The South American mostly found difficulty in passing the ball, and their usual hitters could not find the right momentum nor tempo. Meanwhile, Iran also showed how they could also play good defence, both by the net and on the floor. The Iran team connected with 39 attacks, 10 blocks kills, and limited their error-count to just 12 to win the match in straight sets.
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran Outclass China for 7th Place
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran brought Russia the 1st loss
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran outperformed Czech Republic 3-0
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Continues Winning Streak by Victory over China
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Enliven the chance to the semifinal by straight-win against Turkey