Beijing Crowned Chinese Men’s Volleyball League Champions
Bangkok, Thailand, March 27, 2021 – Beijing underlined their supremacy over the Chinese Men’s Volleyball League 2020-2021 season following their two-match wins against defending champions Shanghai in the Finals in Qinhuangdao.
Beijing, undefeated en route to the Finals, fielded a formidable lineup led by Jiangchun, Liu Libin, Serbian Uros Kovacevic and highly-experienced setter Marouf Saeid from Iran, while veteran Dai Qingyao spearheaded Shanghai.
This season’s league was shortened as the eventual winners had been determined just by two matches in the Finals. If the two teams won one match apiece, their points, set and points ratios would decide the final result.
However, Beijing still proved the strongest side this season. Gaining the upper hand in the Finals following their 3-2 win in the first match on Thursday, Beijing continued their invincible form the following day to brush off the title-holders in straight sets 25-19, 25-15, 25-18 for eventual two-match win.
For Beijing, it was the third title in the Chinese Volleyball League as they had already captured the title in two seasons, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. They also clinched silver medals in four consecutive seasons in 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019.
Earlier, Jiangsu produced an epic comeback for the hard-fought 3-2 win over Zhejiang to take the third place this season.
- Volleyball World opens bidding process for the 2021 and 2022 FIVB Volleyball Club World Championship
- Iran Men’s National Team Begin Training on March 31
- Key Issues Including FIVB Projects & Rule Modifications Discussed at AVC Referees Committee Meeting
- AVC Coaches Committee Meeting Concluded on High Note
- IRIVF President Offers his Best Wishes for Nowruz