AVC Women’s U23 Championship/Iran finished 8th
Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, May 21, 2017 – Powerful Low Mei Cing steered Malaysia to hard-fought 3-2 (25-23, 22-25, 25-23, 22-25, 15-13) victory in the 7th-8th playoff match at the SMM 2nd Asian Women’s U23 Volleyball Championship at The Mall Nakhon Ratchasima’s MCC Hall on Sunday.
Both teams had the similar scores with a total of 109 points after the match.
Low Mei Cing scored a match- high 30 points including 27 kills from 82 attempts while Alicia Yii added 12 points.Fatemeh Amini and Zahra Shiri scored 19 points apiece for Iran.
“Today’s game was quite even. We lost to them in the first round, so we just wanted to beat them today. I think they served pretty well. In the fourth set, we made too many unforced errors while they got so many points on their serves. In the last set, both teams stood an equal chance of winning the set and match, but they made more errors than us. Then we took this opportunity. We are happy to win this match,” Malaysia’s head coach Dato Moh Wung Ming said after match.
“We are a young team and we are preparing this team for the SEA Games in our country. I hope they will gain more experience from this tournament,” he added.
- AVC Women’s U23 Championship/ Iran lost to Hong Kong to fight for 7th Place
- AVC Women’s U23 Championship/Taipei Demolished to Advance to the Semifinal
- AVC Women’s U23 Championship/Iran accept the first loss against Vietnam
- AVC Women’s U23 Championship/Struggling Iran pulled off hard-fought 3-0 win over Kiwis
- AVC Women’s U23 Championship/ Iran downed Malaysia 3-0 to Taste First Victory