AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Hands Iran and Pakistan as the Third Qualified Team of Quarterfinal
Ardabil, Iran – May 2, 2017 – On the second day of Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship, three teams of China, Chinese Taipei, and Thailand displayed their first encounter from whom China and Chinse Taipei brought loss to their opponents; yet, all of them must settle their fate tomorrow for the quarterfinal.
Chinese Coach, Qiyong Zhang who had an easy sweep against Malaysia credits the better blocks the only difference with Malaysian team. Their main target is to improve their fourth-place last year and qualify for the world Championship.
It is noteworthy to add that Iran, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Australia, and Sri Lanka rested on the second day. Iranian players watched the last match of the day – China v Malaysia – and trained after all teams left the court to the hotel.
Japan b Thailand 3-2 (30-28, 20-25, 25-19, 25-22, 15-8)
Chinese Taipei b Uzbekistan 3-2 (25-17, 22-25, 25-10, 30-28, 15-8)
China b Malaysia 3-0 (25-22, 25-19, 25-19)
Match Schedule (May 3, 2017)
Sri Lanka v Thailand
Kazakhstan v Chinese taipei
China v Australia
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Thrash Uzbekistan in tie-breaker
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Advanced to the Quarterfinal with win over Thailand
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Host Iran joins Malaysia, Japan, and Kazakhstan to register first win
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Reigning Champions Iran Edge Past Pakistan in Straight
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Mercilessly Crush Sri Lanka