The underdog hoist a step up
The eighth week of Premier League came to an end with good news for Havosh as the last team of the table could revive a step higher.
As the Public Relations of volleyball federation reported, the eighths week of Men’s Premier Volleyball League commemorating “Mina Martyrs” took place in Tehran (two matches), Gonbad, Ardakan, and Urmia.
The winners of this round were Sarmayeh Bank, Tehran Paykan, Gonbad Havosh, Tehran Saipa, and Urmia Shardari. The only guest winner was Saipa who could bring loss to the host Ardakan.
The longest match of the week occurred in Tehran’s Volleyball House where the match lasted for about two and half hours.
The most visited match was the fight of Gonbad Havosh and Sari Sazman Omran with about 4000 spectators on site.
The match of Kaleh versus Tabriz Shahrdari could not be held as electricity was cut off. The time of this postponed match will be announced later.
Tehran Parseh v. Sarmayeh Bank: 2-3 (25-23, 13-25, 19-25, 27-25, 11-15)
Tehran Paykan v. Varamin Salehin: 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-16)
Gonbad Havosh v. Sari Sazman Omran Shahrdari: 3-1 (22-25, 25-21, 25-21, 27-25)
Ardakan Khatam v. Tehran Saipa: 1-3 (22-25, 25-14, 23-25, 20-25)
Urmia Shardari v. Arak Shahrdari: 3-0 (25-12, 25-20, 25-20)
- Sarmayeh Bank: 7 wins, 19 points
- Tehran Paykan: 7 wins, 18 points
- Tehran Saipa: 6 wins, 19 points
- Sari Sazman Omran Shahrdari: 5 wins, 14 points
- Urmia Shardari: 4 wins, 12 points
- Varamin Salehin: 4 wins, 12 points
- Tehran Parseh: 3 wins, 12 points
- Tabriz Shardari: 3 wins, 10 points (one fewer match)
- Ardakan Khatam: 3 wins, 9 points
- Mazandaran Kaleh: 2 wins, 6 points (one fewer match)
- Gonbad Havosh: 2 wins, 6 points
- Arak Shahrdari: 1 win, 4 points