AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Thailand demolish Pakistan 3-0
Ardabil, Iran, May 7, 2017 – Thailand earned the berth in semifinal by demolishing Pakistan in a straight-set win (25-22, 25-18, 25-17) at the 6,000-seater Rezazadeh Indoor Stadium
Despite a sluggish start, formidable Thailand gradually pulled their game together to easily beat their opponents in comfortable straight sets.
Taking the first two sets 25-22 and 25-16, Thailand had a good court rotation as new faces were dispatched to the court and proved their volleyball system by bringing a 25-12 loss to Pakistan in the third set. Thailand with one 3-1 record moved to the semifinal with only a 3-2 loss to Japan.
After the match, a birthday cake of 1.70 cm was braught for five players of Asian Men’s U23 Championship from Malaysia (Wee Jaye Teoh), Sri Lanka (Dilhan perera Ayesh, Silva Harshaka), Uzbekistan (Bulat Kadryaev), Pakistan (Muhammad Waseem) and over 6000 fans who was waiting for the match Iran vKazakhstan shouted them happy birthday. It is noteworthy to add that the late Hossein Madani was also born on May 7 and his photo was also brought back along with the other players.
“Pakistan’s players were good enough at their attacks and blocks, fortunately we played better and won”. Monchai Supajirakul, the head coach of Thailand said.
In case of facing Iran, he believed, “we probably have to face Iran. I know it would be tough since Iranian players are tall and they carry the support of this huge passionate fans that can be of big help to them”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Stronger Teams Made Their Ways up to the Semifinal
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Chinese Taipei Cruise Past China to Set Up second-round Rematch against Japan
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Outclass Kazakhstan to Face Thailand in Semi-final
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan Move up to SF with win over Malaysia
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Uzbekistan Claim 9th Spot at Asian Men’s U23 Championship