AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Thrash Uzbekistan in tie-breaker
Ardabil, Iran, May 2, 2017 – Chinese Taipei on their opening match thrash Uzbekistan 3-1 (25-17, 22-25, 25-10, 30-28, 15-8) at the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship at Rezazadeh 6000-seat Indoor Stadium.
Chinese Taipei overpower the first set 25-17 while Uzbek responded their missing set 25-22 in the second one. Taipei got the hang of the match and triumph over Uzbekistan 25-10 in the third set though having difficulty to stay winner and this was the Uzbek players who asked the Iranian fans to support them and closed the set 28-30. Aleksandar Atanasijevic of Serbia in world league last year against Italy asked Iranian fans at Azadi Staduim to support them and this is repeated in Asian level by Uzbek players today. However, Taipei finally succeeded to overcome Uzbekistan in the fifth set 15-8. In this match, Hsing-Kuo Lee of Taipei with 28 points entitled the top scorer of the court.
Uzbekistan with two losses in row missed to move up to the quarterfinal, on the contrary, Kazakhstan and Chinese Taipei both with one win moved up to the second round and will rival tomorrow against each other only to find their places of pool B.
Taipei head coach, Mr. Ching-Fang Yu who has been in volleyball field for over 30 years only had two weeks to prepare his players but added after the match that “we did analyze the Uzbekistan team before entering the court.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Hands Iran and Pakistan as the Third Qualified Team of Quarterfinal
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Advanced to the Quarterfinal with win over Thailand
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Host Iran joins Malaysia, Japan, and Kazakhstan to register first win
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Reigning Champions Iran Edge Past Pakistan in Straight
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Mercilessly Crush Sri Lanka