AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Rout Past Kazakhstan to Top Pool B
Chinese Taipei and Australia that confirmed their presence in quarterfinal on the second day of tournament vie for the top place of pool B. Chinese Taipei rout past Kazakhstan 3-0 (25-21, 27-25, 25-23) and moved up to the quarterfinal as the top team of pool.
The first set was one-sided as Taipei established total domination on the court. With the help of attacker Jen Hsieh, Taipei closed the set 25-21. Kazakhs started to play better in the second set willing to top the pool as the Taipei were trailing 15-10 but still Taipei won 27-25 in the longest set of the match that took for 28 minutes. Kazakhstan again battled back and were able to tie the score 10-10 with perfect attacks. But Taipei did not let Kazakhs leave them behind. They counter-attacked well to win the set 25-23
As the top team of pool B, Taipei will challenge the second team of Pool D Thailand tomorrow on Thursday.
Ching-Fang Yu, Taioei Coach found Kazakhstan a tough team and put: “we did not analyze them before the match.”
Chinese Taipei that had finished the third in the 1st edition of Asian U23 Volleyball championship in 2015 give his word to the press members that “we will do our best to win Thailand. We analyzed their team. It is rather a tough rival. The attempt is to move into the semifinal”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Top 8 Confirmed for Asian Men’s U23 Championship in Iran
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ China Firepower Australia 3-1
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Thailand secure the berth to Quarterfinals by smashing Sri Lanka 3-1
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Hands Iran and Pakistan as the Third Qualified Team of Quarterfinal
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Thrash Uzbekistan in tie-breaker