AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Sri Lanka Claim a Comeback Tie-breaker Wins
Ardabil, Iran, May 4, 2017 – Sri Lanka claimed a hard-fought match against Sri Lanka 3-2 (20-25,16-25, 26-24, 28-26, 16-14) at the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball championship at Rezazadeh 6000-seat Stadium on Thursday.
From pool H, Uzbekistan as the third team of pool B faced Sri Lanka as the third team of pool D enter the court to fight for 9th-11th place both had heads down with two losses already.
Sri Lanka had a slow start in the first match of day 4 that made them lose the first two sets 25-20, 25-16. The warnings of coach Hettiarachchige who stood by the court all the time awakened the Sri Lanka’s players let them dominate the two next sets 26-24, 28-26 to stay in tie 2-2. The tie-breaker had either side very determined such that they closely change the scoreboard point by point but finally Sri Lanka closed the set 16-14.
Sri Lanka suffered from the absence of their libero as they had only one libero who got sick from the very first match and could not help the team. But they get used to his absence and find a way to get out of trouble.
It is worth reminding Australia that had a rest today will face Sri Lanka tomorrow on Friday.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran, Japan & China Remain Unbeaten at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Japan See Off Kazakhstan in Straight Sets
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/China Down Pakistan 3-1 to Fight it out Against Iran
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Remained Unbeaten with 3-1 Victory Over Malaysia
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Thailand Brings the first Loss to Taipei in an East-Asian Marathon