Men League Running While Celebrating Women Championship
The 21th week of premier league in Iran took place with focus on Women Championship in Central Zone of Asia.
As the public relations of volleyball federation reported, the 10th week of away matches for Men’s Premier Volleyball League commemorating “Mina Martyrs” took place in Tehran (2 matches), Tabriz, Ardakan, and Amol. At the end of the day, winners of week 21 Paykan, Sarmayeh Bank, Ardakan Khatam, Varamin Salehin, and Tabriz Shahrdari.
It is noteworthy to add that Iranian women earned championship in the first round of qualification tournament in Maldives where the Central Asian teams competed for FIVB Women’s World Championship. In this week of men league, many experts and commentators had their focus on women matches analyzing their progressive process.
Tehran Paykan v. Sari Sazman Omran Shahrdari: 3-0 (27-25, 25-23, 25-11)
Sarmayeh Bank v. Tehran Saipa: 3-0 (25-18, 25-14, 25-18)
Tabriz Shahrdari v. Tehran Parseh: 3-2 (25-12, 23-25, 23-25, 25-15, 15-11)
Ardakan Khatam v. Arak Shahrdari: 3-0 (25-17, 26-24, 25-23)
Mazandaran Kaleh v. Varamin Salehin: 2-3 (24-26, 21-25, 28-26, 25-18, 9-15)
- Sarmayeh Bank: 19 wins, 53 points
- Tehran Paykan: 18 wins, 52 points
- Urmia Shardari: 13 wins, 39 points (one fewer match)
- Tehran Saipa: 11 wins, 33 points (one fewer match)
- Mazandaran Kaleh: 9 wins, 29 points
- Ardakan Khatam: 9 wins, 29 points
- Tabriz Shardari: 9 wins, 28 points (one fewer match)
- Sari Sazman Omran Shahrdari: 9 wins, 26 points
- Varamin Salehin: 9 wins, 25 points (two fewer matches)
- Tehran Parseh: 7 wins, 25 points (one fewer match)
- Arak Shahrdari: 5 wins, 15 points
- Gonbad Havosh: 4 wins, 12 points (two fewer matches)