FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran Outclass China for 7th Place
Cairo, Egypt, August 25, 2017- Iran captured the seventh position at the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Men’s U23 World Championship following their victory over China 4-1 (17-15, 15-5, 15-11, 17-19, 20-18) in the ranking match at Cairo Stadium Complex in Egypt on Friday.
Iran stayed in the same position they finished in the last edition in 2015, while China concluded in the eighth place in their first participation at this age category. Outside hitter Saeed Javaheri of Iran led the match scorers with 17 points, while Chinese middle blocker Hongbin Jiang led the losers with 14 points.
Iran did their best to finish the match in the shortest possible time and succeeded to lead 3-0, but China came back in the fourth set with their quick attacks and combinations led by setter Zhensen Xu to snatch the fourth set after they saved two match points. Iran regained their rhythm to win the fifth set using five missed services from their opponent to win 20-18 and the match 4-1.
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran Earn Semifinal Set by the victory over Brazil
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran brought Russia the 1st loss
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran outperformed Czech Republic 3-0
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Continues Winning Streak by Victory over China
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Enliven the chance to the semifinal by straight-win against Turkey