FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Iran lost the debut match to Argentina
Cairo, Egypt, August 18, 2017 – Argentina outlasted Iran 4-2 (16-14, 11-15, 15-11, 18-16, 13-15, 15-10) here Friday to wrap up the opening day of Pool B at the 2017 FIVB Men’s U23 World Championship, with an impressive 27 points from German Johansen and in impressive 53% overall attacking efficiency.
All matches in Cairo are played under a new scoring system currently being tested: a best of seven, 15-point set format.
Argentina cancelled two Iran set points in the first while making a run of four straight points from 12-14 down to 16-14. It then took them six set points to finish the fourth 18-16.
In addition to Johansen’s 27 points, Ignaio Luengas added another 13 for Argentina. Iran was slightly better in blocking and serving, but lacked in killing efficiency. Rasoul Aghchehli with 22 points was the best scorer of the Asian side.
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/ Coaches Meet Media to set Pace in Cairo
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Coaches Showed Honor to be among top 20
- AVC Women Champs/ Iranian Women Claim 9th Place of Asia
- WCH QT/ Iran closed the match with 3-0 victory against Qatar
- WCH QT/ Korea gained the 1st victory of QT against Kazakhstan