FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran outperformed Czech Republic 3-0
Riffa, Bahrain, August 22, 2017 – Iran raced to a straight-sets win against Czech Republic (25-22, 25-12, 25-19) to claim top spot in Pool D of the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boy’s U19 World Championship on Tuesday at Isa City Sports Hall. The Asian side conclude the Preliminary Round with a record of four wins in as many matches.
Iran’s Porya Yali charted a total of 17 points scored off purely on attacks, while Amir Hossein Toukteh contributed another 11 points.
Iran completely dominated in offence, posting 38 attacks, while Czech Republic managed to connect with 23 spikes. The Asian side gave much difficulty for the opponents to pass the ball successfully. The usual hitters of the Czech side could not seem to find their known tempo. Every Czech player needed to work hard on defence, leaving minimal momentum to run the offence precisely. The European side saved several match points from opponent errors, but Iran’s lead proved difficult to surmount.
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Continues Winning Streak by Victory over China
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Enliven the chance to the semifinal by straight-win against Turkey
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Secure the Chance to Semifinal with win against Algeria
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Maneuvers Power against Mexico
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ The Debut Win of Youth against Tough Italy