FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Continues Winning Streak by Victory over China
Riffa, Bahrain, August 21, 2017 – Iran unleashed a powerful brand of offence to gain a straight-sets win against China (25-23, 25-18, 25-21) at the 2017 FIVB Volleyball Boy’s U19 World Championship. Monday’s match at Isa City Sports Hall marked the third win for Iran in Pool D of competition.
Three of Iran’s players posted double-digit scores in the match. Morteza Sharifi and Porya Yali scored 14 points each, while Captain Amirhossein Esfandiar posted another 10 points.
Iran found their rhythm early on in the match, putting in equal effort and intensity in both offence and defence. They ran quick plays punctuated by powerful attacks, but also performed brilliantly in defence. China showed that they could also put to good use their speed in offence, but the Iranian maximized their power from the service line. Iran scored off a total of nine service aces. Iran also showed their dominance in block, converting with 11 blocks compared to China’s six deflections.
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/Iran outperformed Czech Republic 3-0
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Enliven the chance to the semifinal by straight-win against Turkey
- FIVB Men’s U23 Champs/Iran Secure the Chance to Semifinal with win against Algeria
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ Iran Maneuvers Power against Mexico
- FIVB Boy’s U19 Champs/ The Debut Win of Youth against Tough Italy