FIVB Announces Cancellation Of Volleyball Challenger Cup 2021
Following the approval of the FIVB Board of Administration and the agreement of the event hosts, Croatia for the women’s edition and Portugal for the men’s edition, the FIVB today announced the cancellation of the Volleyball Challenger Cup (VCC) 2021 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on international travel.
The VCC serves as a qualifying tournament for the Volleyball Nations League (VNL), whereby the winners of the VCC per gender earn their place in the following year’s edition of the VNL. As such, the promotion and relegation system of the VCC winner and VNL bottom ranked team eligible for relegation respectively will be frozen for the 2021 season.
As a result, all sixteen teams per gender participating in the VNL 2021 will also participate in the next edition of the VNL in 2022.
The VNL 2021 will be hosted this year in a secure bubble format in Rimini, Italy. To learn more about the event,
- Volleyball World Announces Hosts of the 2021 and 2022 FIVB Volleyball Club World Championships
- Training of the National Volleyball Team with the Introduction of Totolo
- Iran’s Beach Volleyball Super League: Watch Live
- Shahmiri Ends Refereeing Career, but Lends Experience to AVC Referees Committee
- Remarkable Success of AVF in Hosting Afghanistan Women’s National Volleyball Champs