Fariba Mohammadian Named IRIVF Vice-President
Tehran, Iran, January 18, 2021 – Dr. Fariba Mohammadian was appointed as Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Volleyball Federation (IRIVF) on Monday.
As a board member of IRIVF, Mohammadian has just been appointed to the vice-president. She has already worked as the Women’s Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports Ministry as well as the president of Iran Skating Federation.
She has a doctorate in physical education, management and planning while participating in the national volleyball coaching and refereeing courses.
“I will follow the goals of Iran Volleyball Federation to promote women’s volleyball; the way to get to it is not surely simple and I will seek the help of the volleyball officials to empower women in volleyball,” Fariba Mohammadian said.
The Iranian women team finished sixth place in the 2018 Asian Women’s Club Championship in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan after going down in straight sets to Indonesia’s Garuda VC in the 5th-6th place playoff.
- Online meeting Held to discuss possibility of staging major beach volleyball events in Asia amid Covid-19
- Week 21 – The last team Azarbatri pulled Labaniat down from the first place
- Classification Round – Babol Sarvghamatan Overtake her rivals, guns for 5th place
- Iranian Victory Highlights This Week In World Tour History
- Week 19 – Yazd Shahdab made a thrilling comeback to beat the claimant Urmia Shahrdari