AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Chinese Taipei Cruise Past China to Set Up second-round Rematch against Japan
Ardabil, Iran, May 7, 2017 – Chinese Taipei cruise past China 3-0 (25-19, 29-27, 25-23) to set up second-round rematch against Japan in the semifinal at the 6,000-seater Rezazadeh Indoor Stadium.
Fired-up Chinese Taipei proved a cut above China on Sunday as they cruised their way past the formidable rivals in a closely-contested straight-set battle.
Chinese Taipei, which lost to Japan in the second round on Friday fielded a well-established line-up led by hard-hitting Hsing-Kuo Lee in a tough match against China and has to meet Japan again in the semifinal on Monday.
Ching-Fang Yu, the head coach of Chinese Taipei said: “Chinese players are very tall and this is why they could not perform to be quick. Concerning the next match against Japan, we have lost to them once in this tournament; so, we analyzed them and spot our weak points. I think, we can win them.”
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Stronger Teams Made Their Ways up to the Semifinal
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Outclass Kazakhstan to Face Thailand in Semi-final
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Thailand demolish Pakistan 3-0
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan Move up to SF with win over Malaysia
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Uzbekistan Claim 9th Spot at Asian Men’s U23 Championship