Chengdu 2021 World university Games postponed to 2022
Bangkok, Thailand, April 3, 2021 – The International University Sports Federation (FISU) has announced that the 2021 FISU World University Games in Chengdu will be pushed back to 2022.
FISU said that the decision, jointly made by the Federation of University Sports of China (FUSC) and the Chengdu 2021 Organizing Committee, was “due to the global COVID-19 situation and international travel restrictions at present, with rescheduled dates to be agreed upon by relevant bodies.”
“The name Chengdu 2021 FISU World University Games and its logo will be retained,” it added.
The statement continued, “The decision from FISU, FUSC and the organising committee is aimed at protecting the health and safety of everyone involved, including athletes and citizens.”
- Beijing Crowned Chinese Men’s Volleyball League Champions
- Volleyball World opens bidding process for the 2021 and 2022 FIVB Volleyball Club World Championship
- Iran Men’s National Team Begin Training on March 31
- Key Issues Including FIVB Projects & Rule Modifications Discussed at AVC Referees Committee Meeting
- AVC Coaches Committee Meeting Concluded on High Note