AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Pakistan Inaugurate First Win by Stunning Malaysia in 3-1 Victory
Ardabil, Iran, May 5, 2017 – Pakistan’s dramatic 3-1 (23-25, 25-13, 25-21, 25-21) victory over Malaysia inaugurates the first win highlighted the fifth day of the 2nd Asian Men’s Volleyball Championship at Rezazadeh 6000-seat Stadium.
The perfect blocks of Reza Fahad & Abdul Zaheer of Pakistan brought back hope to the team and their good team-work cut their losing chain. Malaysia dominated the first set 25-23 but from the second set on, Pakistan did not permit the Malaysians to implant their scheme and closed all three sets 25-13, 25-21, 25-21.
Sardar Muhammad Nawaz Khan, Pakistan’s Team Manager said after the match: “I have a good team, we could have won China yesterday, but my players lost to the big name of China. If we encounter Iran again, the match result would be 60 to 40 for Iran as I am the only person in this stadium who can clap for my team and Iran have so many passionate fans. The reason why we lost the first set of this match against Malaysia is the mistakes of our setter but soon we regained our team work and beat them”.
The top-scorer of this match was captain Jian Qin Sim of Malaysia that could not help his team to get the win with 28 points.
The first and second referees of this match were respectively from Taipei (Mr. Hsu Keng-Hao) and Kazakhstan (Aidos Akhmetov).
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Australia Finished 11th at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Cut Chinese Winning Records
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran, Japan & China Remain Unbeaten at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Japan See Off Kazakhstan in Straight Sets
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/China Down Pakistan 3-1 to Fight it out Against Iran