AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Japan send Taipei Packing in Straight Sets
Ardabil, Iran, May 8, 2017 – Unbeaten Japan send Taipei packing in straight sets 25-21, 25-19, 25-18 and qualified for the World Championship.
In the semifinal match of the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship, Japan with 6-0 record could pave his way up into the final and earned the berth for World Championship that is in Egypt on August 18-26.
No. 11 Yuki Suzuki, the often best-scorer of Japan was injured from the very first set and Yuki Higuchi was substituted for him and contributed to the team with 12 points.
Luo Wenshen from China and Shane Clouston from Australia were respectively the first and second referees of this match who signed the ticket of Japan in match protocol.
Fumitoshi Tokunaga, the head coach of Japan expressed his satisfaction from reserving the berth for world championship and said: “we are really excited from playing in final against Iran among this passionate crowd. This stadium is good. We are preparing these players for 2020 Olympic games, so this is a good opportunity to play in such an excellent crowd”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan & Iran Booked the Ticket to World Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Upset Thailand to qualify for the World Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Pakistan Set Up Playoff Rematch in Final Showdown
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ China Survive Sturdy Challenge from Malaysia
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Stronger Teams Made Their Ways up to the Semifinal