AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Cut Chinese Winning Records
Ardabil, Iran, May 5, 2017 – Iran brushed China off in a lop-sided match 3-0 (25-18, 25-15, 25-18) at the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship at Rezazadeh 6000-seat Stadium on Friday.
Chinese staff were very impressed by the passion of Iranian fans and started to record the scenes as they entered the court for warm-up. The head coach of China was busy videotaping that some of the local organizers were awarded at the other side of court. The match started before the eyes of 8000 fans. The Japanese Ono Masato had a very tough job in this match as he had to blow harder than the fans who whistled to give applause. China had nothing to perform in the first two sets against Iran and lost 25-18, 25-15. China used the opposite errors as Iranians did more errors as they were under the home tension to win the match. China regained confidence and took the lead in the third set but Iran left them in 18-14 behind and finally close the set 25-18.
Juan Cichello, the head coach of Iran after the match said: “China had 50 kill blocks in his last three matches but in this match against Iran, they performed only two kill blocks against us that is praiseworthy. This is why we win this match. We continue learning in any match because the goal is to prepare these players for senior level in the future.”
Qiyong Zhang, Chinese head coach found both teams strong and said: “Iran was better today and the cheers of the Iranian fans were also great”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Australia Finished 11th at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Pakistan Inaugurate First Win by Stunning Malaysia in 3-1 Victory
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran, Japan & China Remain Unbeaten at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Japan See Off Kazakhstan in Straight Sets
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/China Down Pakistan 3-1 to Fight it out Against Iran