AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Clinch Bronze Medal after Formidable 3-1 win over Thailand
Ardabil, Iran, May 9, 2017 – Chinese Taipei defended their third place by 3-1 (19-25, 25-21, 25-23, 25-22) victory over Thailand and clinched the bronze medal of the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship.
Thailand entered the court to promote their 7th rank while Taipei were intended to defend their 3rd place in 2015. Thai players were greatly benefitted by the formidable attacks of Pusit Phonarin to earn the opening win 25-19. This was a critical match for both sides as Taipei regained confidence in the second set trailing Thailand 14-12 and dominated 25-21 extending their power to the third set to get the concluding result 25-23. The fourth set started before the eyes of thousand fans and high officials of Iran. Both teams started in tie 5-5; Taipei players were trailing 11-9 behind but finally they reached the second technical time-out 16-13 and take the victory 25-22.
Mr. Yu, Taipei coach who had once lost to Thailand in play-off expressed his satisfaction from the third place and said: “We tried for a better rank but we are now satisfied with the third place. Our last loss to Thailand in this tournament helped us to have a better analysis of them to win the game”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Iran crown the 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ China Claim the 5th Spot at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Kzakhstan finished 7th at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan & Iran Booked the Ticket to World Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Upset Thailand to qualify for the World Championship