AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Malaysia Thrash Volleyroos in Lop-sided Match
Ardabil, Iran. May 1, 2017 – the U23 Malaysian beat Australia 3-1 (22-25, 25-19, 25-17, 25-10).
From Pool C of Asian Men’s U23 Championship, Malaysia that finished the 10th in the 1st round could not bear the strong defense of Malaysian.
Malaysia had a strong start but lost the momentum after the first technical time-out and lost the first set 22-25. In all the other three sets, Australia had nothing to perform against the quick Malaysian.
The substitutions of Benjamin Hardy did not help the Australians as well. He found the result very disappointing and he attributed the shortcomings to not having enough time to get ready for this match as they got together only for a few days. Malaysia on the other hand prepared for half a year and the coach found Sim Jian Qin an effective player in this match. He top-scored all with 32 points and had wished to win the first set as well.
Captain Weir of Australia expressed that his team acted rather fine in high balls. He thinks the players were perfect on their own, yet the problem is they could not perform well enough together. They needed some more time to prepare and since they are new to the tournament, they have no chance to analyze their opponents.
Australia will rest tomorrow while Malaysia will face China on the second day of tournament.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Host Iran joins Malaysia, Japan, and Kazakhstan to register first win
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Reigning Champions Iran Edge Past Pakistan in Straight
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Japan Mercilessly Crush Sri Lanka
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Kazakhstan Went into a Five-set Thriller to Stop Uzbekistan
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Technical Meeting Gets off the Ground