AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Kzakhstan finished 7th at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
Ardabil, Iran, May 9, 2017 – Kazakhstan took the seventh place at the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship with 3-2 win (22-25, 25-11, 25-23, 20-25, 15-10) over Malaysia at the 6,000-seater Rezazadeh Indoor Stadium.
Denis Yechshenko of Kazakhstan performed perfect blocks and had much contribution to make it tie as the Malaysians closed the first set 22-25 and Kazakhstan responded back 25-11. Both teams were determined to take the better rank. Kirill Gurin led the third set for Kazakhs 25-23. Malaysians were reluctant to give up and they found popularity on their first appearance by winning Australia. Captain Sim Jian Qin with 25 attacking points caused Kazakhstan to go into a five-set thriller to win the match.
Kazakhstan that finished the 13th in previous edition in Myanmar improved his rank to the 7th place. One of the weak point of Kazakhs in volleyball is that they lack analyzers as Oleg Kuznetsov said: “we have to play the first set to evaluate the match and will then implant our plans as we do not have the opportunity to analyze the teams in advance”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Iran crown the 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Clinch Bronze Medal after Formidable 3-1 win over Thailand
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ China Claim the 5th Spot at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan & Iran Booked the Ticket to World Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Upset Thailand to qualify for the World Championship