AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Iran crown the 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship
Ardabil, Iran, May 9, 2017 – Reigning champion Iran put it past fighting Japan in straight sets 27-25, 26-24, 25-20 to stretch their invincibility to be entitled the champion at the SMM 2nd Asian Men’s U23 Volleyball Championship at Rezazadeh Stadium.
Playing in a full-packed stadium before the high officials of Iran including Mr. Davarzani, the deputy of Youth & Sports Ministry and the president of Volleyball federation, Mr. Soltanifar, the Minister of Youth & Sports, Dr. Afshardoust, the General Secretary of IRIVF, and the like made a tough task as the number of substations reached to six in one single set and finally the reigning champion closed the first set 27-25. It was a really hard-fought match as it was along with dives and jumps into the A-Boards from both sides adding to the excitement of the final match. Iran started to dominate the second set 6-4 but Japanese were successful to advantage the first technical time-out 8-7. Iran soon made it tie 11-11. Scoreboards witness a very close match as Iran enjoyed the second technical time-out 16-15 and edge out 26-24 in the second set. Iran dominated the third set 8-5 and all Japanese attacker Issei Otake did was not helpful as Iran took the final set 25-20.
Juan Cichello, head coach of Iran after the match congratulated Japan as they could earn the berth for the world championship as well and said: “We will rest for some days and after ten days, we will start our 12-week preparation. We will try to run some friendly matches with our main opponents in world championship”.
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Taipei Clinch Bronze Medal after Formidable 3-1 win over Thailand
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ China Claim the 5th Spot at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/ Kzakhstan finished 7th at Asian Men’s U23 Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Unbeaten Japan & Iran Booked the Ticket to World Championship
- AVC Men’s U23 Championship/Iran Upset Thailand to qualify for the World Championship